VIRTUAL HSCP - Supporting Children of Substance Misusing Parents
Date & Time:
Delivered by Inclusion22, this session will provide insight into the impact of parental substance misuse on children and young people. Often going unrecognised, the impact of parental substance use can affect all areas of a child’s life. We will explore these impacts and how you can recognise and support children of different ages who are affected by parental substance use.
- Explore substance misuse support in Hampshire
- Understand the difference between parental substance use and parental substance misuse
- Explore indicators of possible substance misuse in the home
- Gain an understanding of hidden harm and how it affects children of different ages
- How to speak to a child concerned about their parent/carers substance misuse
What previous delegates have said about this course:
“Golden nuggets of information for use. Thank you.”
"I do interact with students who have substance misusing parents. The course was really helpful."
"I will be able to speak with more confidence surrounding parental substance misuse and offer relevant signposting information for ongoing support."