VIRTUAL HSCP - An Introduction to Keeping Children Safe Online
Date & Time:
This social media course provides practitioners who work with children a greater understanding of the technology that young people use as well as identifying risks associated. It also provides delegates with tools that support young people in staying safe and signposted resources that can build awareness with families.
- Professionals who work with children and young people will develop or strengthen their understanding of safeguarding in the context of children’s lives and their use of social media.
- Professionals will become more confident in identifying how our most vulnerable children can be supported with going online.
- Explore a range of applications currently used by children.
- Develop an enhanced awareness of how children can be exploited and / or abused online, including the tactics and technology used by perpetrators.
- Develop your ability to support children in staying safe online, formulating prevention and intervention strategies with children and their families.
- Explore the role of parents/carers in keeping children safe online, including the importance of consent when posting content and images (sharenting).
- Explore how professionals can raise awareness around online safety and support families with online risks and behaviours.
- Develop the ability of front-line professionals to manage incidents of online exploitation and abuse.