VIRTUAL HSCP - An Introduction to Harmful Sexual Behaviour
Date & Time:
This webinar will offer a basic introduction to the principles of working with children and young people that display Harmful Sexual Behaviour.
It will not be able to offer a definitive guide to identification, assessment and intervention but will provide a brief overview of key concepts.
- Awareness of context of HSB
- Distinguish between natural sexual development and problematic, abusive, or violent HSB.
- Identify some helpful strategies when risk assessing HSB,
- Increase understanding of safety planning around HSB,
- Identify further support that can offer reflection opportunities and guidance on HSB.
Who should undertake course?
Professionals whose work with families brings them into contact children who may be displaying Harmful Sexual Behaviours. This could include those working in schools, health settings, the police, Children’s Services and Youth Offending Teams.