VIRTUAL HSCP - Safeguarding Adolescents in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
Date & Time:
Adolescence is a transitional period of physical and psychological development between childhood and adulthood. Wellbeing in adolescents is influenced by early childhood experiences and can in turn determine adult behaviour, health and wellbeing (WHO 2016). Safeguarding measures that are suitable for younger children may not be suitable for adolescents experiencing harm from their peers and community and an ecological view of safeguarding is required to assess and develop multi agency responses in local communities (Firmin 2018; HM Government, 2018)
This webinar will support professionals in their work, focused on the improvement of outcomes for children transitioning through this period to safeguard them from psychological and physical harm.
- To know how to effectively engage with and respond to adolescent safeguarding
- To be able to identify protective factors.
- To recognise the strengths and vulnerabilities of adolescents.
- To hear findings from local and national reviews.
- Understand safeguarding themes that are specific to adolescents, including abuse and neglect.
- Understand how to prevent abuse and neglect of adolescents.