VIRTUAL HSCP - Suicide Prevention Awareness Training
Date & Time:
The focus of this course is suicide prevention. It covers ways in which staff working with children, young people and families can support and respond to those in possible crisis. This interactive session will enable participants to gain a greater understanding of ways to identify when someone may be in crisis (including self harm) and to learn about evidence-based approaches to manage suicidal conversations. The session will also include details of further support and training available in Hampshire to enable you to feel more confident working with children, young people and adults in potential crisis. The session will be delivered by a range of multi-agency partners and led by public health.
- Increase awareness of the range of mental wellbeing and crisis intervention support available for children, young people, families and staff.
- Gain greater confidence in recognising when someone may be experiencing suicidality
- Increase awareness of the vulnerabilities and protective factors
- Understand how best to respond when someone may be experiencing suicidality
- Experience an opportunity to reflect on current practice
- Support for those who have been bereaved by suicide