VIRTUAL HSCP Working Together and Preparing for Child Protection Conferences - Full Day Including ICPC Workshop
Date & Time:
This free virtual full-day course enables delegates to develop their knowledge and skills regarding multi-agency child protection and safeguarding. The mock conference in the afternoon enables delegates to develop their knowledge and skills regarding the structure of an Initial Child Protection Conference and the requirements of professionals involved. Delegates will be able to access pre-course material, which provides information regarding a devised case. During the afternoon, delegates will be asked to draw upon this information and play an active role in a mock Child Protection Conference for this case. The mock Child Protection Conference will be chaired by a Hampshire Independent Reviewing Officer, allowing delegates the opportunity to experience the way that a Child Protection Conference is run.
This training is available to all professionals working with children and young people in Hampshire.
- Promote effective working together within the legal framework, national guidance and local safeguarding procedures
- Identify roles and responsibilities of different agencies involved in safeguarding
- Identify what makes for good partnership when working with families and explore own attitudes and values in this area
- Describe the purpose and process of Child Protection Conferences, Child In Need meetings and Early Help
- Be able to explain one's own responsibilities when attending Child Protection Conferences
- Be able to explain one’s own responsibilities regarding any subsequent Child Protection or Child In Need planning
- To understand an Initial Child Protection Conference as a mechanism to share and evaluate information in a multi-disciplinary setting
- To understand the thresholds for decision making in a Child Protection Conference and how to present one’s own rationale for decision making.
What previous delegates have said about this course:
“Very knowledgeable trainer, thoroughly enjoyed the training session.”
“Really informative and the most engagingly delivered Teams training that I have ever attended.”
“I will go forward more confident in my ability to handle any safeguarding issues, and knowledgeable about the process and my responsibilities should a referral be necessary.”