VIRTUAL HSCP - Working Together and Preparing for Child Protection Conferences
Date & Time:
This free virtual half-day course enables delegates to develop their knowledge and skills regarding multi-agency child protection and safeguarding.
- Promote effective working together within the legal framework, national guidance and local safeguarding procedures.
- Identify roles and responsibilities of different agencies involved in safeguarding.
- Identify what makes for good partnership when working with families and explore own attitudes and values in this area.
- Describe the purpose and process of Child Protection Conferences, Child In Need meetings and Early Help.
- Be able to explain one's own responsibilities when attending Child Protection Conferences.
The course is 4-hours in duration, including two 20 minute breaks.
Normally held as a full-days face-to-face programme, the course has been condensed to a half-days virtual training supported with pre-reading material and delivered via a webinar platform. Delegates will be invited to attend a face-to-face mock Child Protection Conference later in the year, as part of this course.
Course material and a link to join the course, including instructions, will be emailed to delegates in advance of the training.