VIRTUAL HSCP - Safeguarding Disabled Children (including children with a Learning Disability)
Date & Time:
- Highlight the current legislation, guidance and context relating to children with a disability including Hampshire's policies and procedures.
- Understand the particular circumstances which make disabled children more vulnerable to abuse.
- Understand/recognise the signs presented by disabled children who may have been subjected to abuse, including any potential for confusion in interpretation.
- Understand the factors which may influence when disabled children need help and protection.
- Ensure that interventions remain focused on the best interests of the child whilst working in complex situations